I think everybody should have these in their repertoire. Make them sweet with fruit and syrup for breakfast, or savoury for lunch and dinner, with fillings like creamy mushrooms and spinach or stir-fried greens and beans.
180g buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
450 ml water
Oil for frying
- Whisk together flour and salt
- Gradually whisk in water until you have a thin, smooth batter. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large, shallow frying pan on medium-high until hot. Brush the pan with oil, then add a small ladleful of batter into the center of the pan, swirling to create a medium-large thin crepe.
- Wait until bubbles start to burst on the upper side of the pancake, then flip it over using a spatula or flip in the air!
- Cook both sides until starting to turn golden, then keep aside in a warm place until serving.