AKA “Any green any bean” soup.
Use any light leafy greens, and legumes here; getting your greens and proteins in one place!
Just remember the herbs and peppery greens for flavour.
Prep time 25 mins Cook time 25 mins serves 4
- 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 1 bunch spring onions– chopped
- 600g Frozen peas 100g Spinach or chard or nettle
- 85g Watercress or rocket
- Bunch Fresh dill or lovage or chervil or mint or parsley
- Squeeze lemon juice
100g Whole almonds
150g Jumbo oats
2.5 tbsp Oil (rapeseed or olive or coconut or sunflower)
2 tbsp honey or golden syrup or agave or rice syrup
1 tsp salt
- Roughly chop almonds and add to medium-sized bowl. Add oats and salt and mix these dry ingredients.
- Add oil and honey to this dry mix and combine thoroughly, ideally with your hands.
- Spread this mix out onto a baking tray, then bake at 160°C for 15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool whilst preparing the soup
- Prepare the liquid stock.
- Place the chopped spring onions into a large pan that has a lid, along with enough stock to cover the onions (approx. 300ml). Simmer these for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to the boil. Add the peas and all the greens, plus 1.5 tsp salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend the soup thoroughly and pour into bowls.
- Break the granola into clusters and add to the top of the soup. Serve immediately.