The perfect healthy and filling snack. Packed with nuts and fruit, this raw flapjack is satisfying and substantial, it could even be eaten for breakfast. Keep these in the fridge when made, and they will last over a week.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time 0 mins makes: 12 bars
200g smooth peanut butter
190g plant milk
2 mashed bananas (approx 200g)
80g honey/maple syrup/brown rice syrup/agave syrup
60g chia seeds
300g oats or buckwheat flakes
60g sunflower seeds
190g dried fruit (cranberries, currants, raisins, sultanas, chopped apricots, goldenberries etc)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or cardamom
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp flaky salt
- Line 20x23cm tin with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Mix together plant milk and chia seeds in food processor and set aside.
- Roughly chop almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts. Can use slice attachment on magimix.
- Spread out oats, nuts, and seeds on a couple of roasting trays. Toast these until they are turning golden brown- about 12 minutes, shaking halfway.
- Add peeled banana, peanut butter and syrup to the milk and chia mix and blend.
- Add dried fruit and spices to the dry mix, then thoroughly combine with the wet mix in a mixing bowl.
- Press and firm into lined tin, optional-drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or so before attempting to cut.
- Cut flapjack in half lengthways, then half sideways, now cut each quarter into 3, making 12 bars in total.